Group Fitness and Personal Training
WOMEN OF THE CENTRAL COAST & NEWCASTLE!
Have you wanted to give running a go, but been held back by it just not "feeling right?"
Want to learn to run in a way that feels good for your body AND in your mind?
Want to meet and connect with other women just like you?
Need a goal or an event to keep you motivated and inspired?!
Why not join our team, train with me for 10 weeks and enter the Central Coast 10km fun run on November 25th!
This 10 week online training program is designed to help you fall in love with getting up on your feet, and guide you toward consistent, steady running (ie: running for a certain distance without stopping...or feeling like you're going to pass out!)
Don't worry if you are a total beginner, or have only ever imagined running before! I'm here to show you that it can be enjoyable and achievable for everybody, regardless of experience, age, size, shape or ability.
You are not expected to run the whole distance, if you feel like that’s a bit much right now! My training style will show you how to build a strategy of walking & running that feels just right for you! Anyone can enter this event and you don’t need to break records to do it! It's called a fun run for a reason, and that's what i'm here to do: show you how to have the best time ever, while being on your feet!
on a personal note: I’m an experienced long distance runner and level 2 qualified coach but this will actually be my first run back after giving birth to my precious baby boy in July!! So trust me when I say I am with you every step of the way - literally! I’m going to follow the exact same plan as you this time around to ensure my return to the road is steady, safe, gentle and fun!
THIS PROGRAM WILL HELP YOU:
- strengthen your body for easy, feel-good running (from knees, to ankles, to chest and pelvic floor, we've got it covered!)
- build distance and learn to run for longer without stopping
- conquer the voice in your head that says "I can't run!”
- understand the running basics (techniques for effective posture, breathing and style)
- learn my best running hacks (insider tips to make every run easier!)
- master good nutrition, specifically for running!
THIS PROGRAM IS PERFECT FOR ANYONE WHO:
- would like to start from scratch and build up to running in a way that feels comfortable and minimises the occurrence of injury.
- would like to learn ways to make your running easier on your body and more enjoyable for yourself!
- wants to work toward the goal of a 10km fun run in 10 weeks!
THE PROGRAM MIGHT NOT SUIT THOSE WHO:
- want to dramatically increase speed or run for a competitive edge (competitions can be great - but we're just going to be focusing on running for fun this time!)
- already have experience in long distance running (ie - already running regular 10/15/21km distances)
How does it all work?
This is primarily an online program but because the goal is to run in the Central Coast event I am going to be very active in helping you get there... The training plan will be sent to you via email, and you’ll be invited to join our Sole Sisters Facebook group, where you can connect with the other women in the team (maybe even find ladies in your area and meet up to train together!)
The plan is easy to follow, caters for all levels and is 100% flexible to suit your level of experience.
I’ll post weekly videos and resources in the facebook group to help you look at ALL THE PIECES of the puzzle and put them together to make you feel fantastic when you're out there, in training and on the day! I'll be available to answer any questions, help you stay motivated and offer advice over the 10 weeks!
I can help you with pace, posture, footwork and breathing as well as breaking down the mindset of running and how to get past the voice that says "it's too hard!" We'll explore how to use food to fuel and recover and, really importantly, join together as a team on the race day and support every single member across the line!!
What's the investment?
$149 - this already includes your entry into the fun run and someone to do the admin for you!
Included in your program is:
• Entry into the Central Coast 10km fun run on Sunday 25th November at The Entrance - Let me do the paperwork for you!
• A complete 10 week training plan that takes you step by step from day 1, to the start line of the 10km fun run!
• helpful training material that will also include advice on nutrition, insider tips and strengthening and stretching work for safe, injury free running.
• Acesses to the Sole Sisters private Facebook group and a team of like minded, supportive and friendly women, just like you, to run with on race day! We will cheer and clap as every one of us comes over the finish line, regardless of time! NO SOLE SISTER GETS LEFT BEHIND!!
A coach (that’s me!) to help you every step of the way and be there on race day to calm your nerves, gee you up and cheer you home!
I know it's a big call to make but in 10 weeks you could be running 10 kilometres without stopping or it feeling like torture! You'll at least be headed in that direction!
Please note: You should speak to your doctor or healthcare professional before starting any training program.As a personal trainer and group exercise instructor, I am qualified and able to observe and assess postural and bio-dynamic concerns, but these should be treated by the appropriate practitioner, if necessary. The coaching, exercises and advice delivered in this program are based on both professional fitness training and comprehensive running experience. Much of the training will be adapted to suit individuals but you should always take your own body, capabilities and current level into consideration, especially when running. Learn from the teacher, but listen to yourself!
The Society is not your average women's group workout! I have created The Society for ladies like you, who deserve to always feel alive, energetic and in love with their body!
Classes with The Society vary in styles. We start with around half an hour of circuit training, cardio fitness or strength work, followed by gentle conditioning for the core and pelvic floor muscles before ending with some beautiful stretches and relaxation exercises designed to create a positive relationship with your (already amazing) body!
Friendship and Support is just as important as working out is. So, when The Society meets on weekends, we end the session with brunch or coffee for anyone who would like to join us! It's a beautiful way to connect, catch up and keep up to date with your community of Society Sisters! (oh, and refuel after the workout!)
Classes are $10, payable on the day, and will work best if you RSVP via Facebook or text so I can design the best class possible, based on numbers! It'll will also help when booking our table for coffee afterwards (which is perhaps the most important part!) Of course, if you think of any other ladies you would like to invite, it goes without saying that they are more than welcome!
Jump over to Facebook to check out the details and keep up to date with The Society and join the group of women taking their health back into their own hands.